How cool is this!!!!. Krystal over at Daiyamanga has nominated me for this cool award! :D. I’m pretty stoked. Thanks Krystal.
Write a post explaining why you started blogging along with a few tips.
Nominate some of your fellow bloggers.
Comment on their blogs to let them know you’ve nominated them.
Why I started blogging:
Well this is going to a fairly short story and been told in other posts. I don’t mind re-telling it :P. I used to write fantasy stories, but stopped. Even though I stopped, I still couldn’t get it out of my system. So I needed a place to get the excessive need for writing out somewhere. And blogging seemed like the place to be. And the most logical. I never had clear goal when I first tried out blogging (or any idea for that matter). But as time went by, I eventually did. And Ani-blogging is the one thing I enjoy doing.
For the record, I’ve been on several of the (free) blogging sites like; blogspot, tumblr, posterous (ever so briefly). WordPress
became is my home for blogging.
- Make use of post formatting like; bold texts, coloured texts, sub-headings, text alignment. These make your post(s) stand out and look presentable
- For lengthy or wordy posts, use the read more tag
- Make your blog more accessible; via social media sites
- Use images for your header in your posts
- Get creative with post titles – guys try not to stick with standard post titles like “anime review xx” you want to catch readers attention
- Make your blog more simpler to navigate around. De-clutter your menu bar, put posts in clearly labelled categories and put them in sub-sections
- This one is more for the advanced users: change your slug. To be more simple, permalink. When you create a new post, the title of your post is the default permalink, you can change this to something more shorter – as many times as you want on wordpress. And it does not affect your blog post what so ever. Blogspot users – I think you can also do this only once, so choose carefully.
- Been stated plenty of times – don’t be afraid to comment on other blogs, this is a good way to increase traffic on your blog and to make some new blogger friends 😀
That’s quite a few tips, but I hope they help.